I read a very useful article entitled, “Avoiding the Digital Abyss: Getting started in the Classroom with YouTube, Digital Stories, and Blogs” by Rebecca Mullen and Linda Wedwick. It shared how teachers need to try to lessen the gap between the traditional definition of literacy and the new one. It also shared how teachers at a rural middle school in the U.S. were using various technologies in the classroom. Additionally, the article provided a lot of insight into the many ways the technology can be applied to the classroom situation.
For me, I was especially impressed with the use of YouTube. I am fairly new to YouTube, although it’s very popular, and I am excited about the possibilities for videos that can be found there, not only music. I once used song video with lyrics as a set induction for professional development in my department. YouTube is a great resource tool for the teacher. The article also suggested various sites such as SchoolTube and TeacherTube. I visited TeacherTube and found useful pictures, documents and videos which will be great resources. I also found an interesting video on how not to use Power Point.
For me, I was especially impressed with the use of YouTube. I am fairly new to YouTube, although it’s very popular, and I am excited about the possibilities for videos that can be found there, not only music. I once used song video with lyrics as a set induction for professional development in my department. YouTube is a great resource tool for the teacher. The article also suggested various sites such as SchoolTube and TeacherTube. I visited TeacherTube and found useful pictures, documents and videos which will be great resources. I also found an interesting video on how not to use Power Point.
Hi Marissa,
ReplyDeleteI am a you tube fanatic. I use it to download anything teaching concept that I want and store it on my flash for future use. It is very interesting cause there is so much information on you tube.
I think that they should have shown us how to do this as well. There is so much still to be done for me because I love the technology. I am on line like whole day sometimes although I know it is not good for me.
I have never heard about teachertube and schooltube but would surely look it up. Thanks
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete